Friday Night Leftovers are hosted by Danifred and you should totally do them too.
- Seriously, I’ve been thinking that yesterday was Friday and that the day before was Thursday all week.Â Annoying.
- I went to lunch with the Mom’s Group today and may have converted someone to cloth diapers.Â I have become a cloth diaper pusher, I swear.Â I’m like “just try them!Â You’ll love it, I promise!Â It’s not addicting!Â You can totally stop whenever you want!”
- The Mom’s Group lunch was at 12:30pm.Â I was at Target across the street from it at noon.Â So I went to Toys R Us and stalled for a half an hour.Â Then I got there and discovered that it actually started at 12:15pm.Â I hate being late.
- She stopped unbuckling her carseat straps for like two weeks.Â Then she started again today.Â And worse this time, over and over again.Â Blech.Â Â I need to put the auxiliary strap on again.
- How do you respond when someone tells you something about their kid that isn’t like a GOOD thing, but isn’t a thing that you say “I’m sorry” to either?Â Like it is just kind of a thing thing.Â Like “she has autism.”Â Because right now, all I tend to say is “ah” and that kind of stops the conversation dead.Â Because “yeah, I thought so” doesn’t really work or “my cousin’s nephew’s sister knew a kid with autism too” is silly and “well, she seems very sweet anyway” just sounds rude.Â Do I just need a longer phrase that means “ah”?Â To me, it’s just kind of like you are giving me another piece of information, but it isn’t something I have a personal anecdote to add to the conversation about.Â I don’t know.Â Blogging has made me very receptive to other people’s feelings and I don’t want to hurt someone’s feelings by saying the wrong thing.