- We had an impromptu playdate today that lasted more than six hours.Â We had lots of fun.Â And I am tired.
- Elizabeth was a tad bit physical for the first half of the playdate.Â She had lots of time outs.
- I was planning on trying to figure out a sewing craft on my sewing machine today.Â Since we had good friends over, I did it anyway.Â And it is a good thing I practiced, it did NOT go well and I need to refine it before we do it for real.
- The three kids loved it when I sewed on my machine.Â They watched and jumped up and down.Â So I ended up sewing random things for them just so they could watch.Â I did like six different mini projects that all involved sewing straight lines.Â (It is much easier to sew straight lines when you are being assisted by three small children.)
- Elizabeth was up for more than an hour and a half in the middle of the night last night.Â I have no idea why.Â But I am not used to sleep deprivation anymore.Â Therefore, I am tired today.
- I believe I get to finish the final decorating touches on Elizabeth’s play kitchen tonight.Â It will be awesome.Â Brace yourselves.Â (And when I say finish tonight, I mean not actually finish tonight.Â I’m sure it will still take weeks.)
- The little dog almost threw up on my foot a few minutes ago.Â If I hadn’t moved my foot in time, he would have.
- I declare that I am not making dinner tonight.Â I will make sandwiches or heat something up, but no cooking.Â Perhaps we will get take-out.Â But Matt isn’t home yet and won’t be for a while.
- And now I have to clean up, it’s messy here.Â Even if our playdate friends did clean up before they left, it still needs a lot of work.
For more Friday Night Leftovers, please see Danifred.