- Now that this baby lost his cord stump and has a real belly button like a regular human, he smells delightful now. Mmm, fresh baby head.
- (He did have about a day and a half there right before his cord fell off where he smelled awful. Like rotting belly button. Since that is what actually was happening there.)
- But now he’s been bathed and shined up and is quite lovely again.
- I am doing much better at keeping up with stuff this time. I learned a lot of lessons after Elizabeth was born and I made arrangements this time to avoid making the same mistakes again. And lo, it was better.
- Elizabeth is sleeping very poorly. Very.
- This is Matt’s problem, but it’s spilling over into the rest of the house. (Not that there is a lot more house.)
- We broke out the Halloween clothes today. Yippee! I love holidays. And there isn’t a lot better than dressing up kids for holidays. And now I have two kids (TWO) and I can make them MATCH.
- I called 1-800-Flowers just now because someone sent us a very nice flower arrangement and 2/3 of the flowers in it were broken in half when they arrived. They want to refund the money to the person who sent them to me and have them reorder them for me. No. Just no. That’s rude. I am really annoyed by this. I am not going to call someone up who sent me a nice gift and say “by the way, they were all broken, so I need you to order them again for me.” Just no. So I told the guy on the phone that this was totally unacceptable and I will have Matt call back later and lay some smack down. (Matt and I have a good cop/bad cop customer service relationship. So he will go all bad cop on them. As soon as he wakes up from his nap.)
- The flowers smell wonderful, even if some of them are broken, and they’ve made the whole downstairs smell really good. Between fresh flowers and baby heads, we have a lot of good smells here. If I had enough energy to bake bread or cookies or something, it might be enough to kill someone with nose happiness.
- Elizabeth is…showing the effects…of being stuck at home. The reason I do some kind of activity pretty much every day on a normal basis is because Elizabeth needs some kind of activity on a regular basis. She’s going a little
feral insanestir crazy.
- Relatives arrive tomorrow for an eight day stay. (They are not staying in our actual house, thank goodness. I am not ready for that, no matter how much we like them.) Matt said something like “it will be nice to have someone here for Elizabeth, so she won’t be so bored.” I said “don’t you remember how Elizabeth gets all manic when we have company?” And Matt said “oh, yeah. Never mind.”
- I’m just saying that Elizabeth will be happy when we go back to real life again.
For more Friday Night Leftovers, visit Danifred.