- Tonight is the official Halloween kick-off night. The first Halloween party. We will then go trick-or-treating at a nursing home on Monday, probably downtown trick-or-treating this weekend, and real trick-or-treating on actual Halloween.
- Last year, we did most of these. And somehow, I convinced Elizabeth to give away all the candy she received to the trick-or-treaters that came to our house after we got home. We gave away so much candy last year that I cannot believe it. I bought lots this year, but I suspect we will end up turning off the lights before the trick-or-treaters run out.
- I suspect she will not willingly part with her own candy so easily this year.
- But then again, she might. She was a HUGE fan of giving candy to the other kids (whom she called “customers”) last year. And she really likes kids, particularly bigger kids. (Or smaller kids. Or the same sized kids.)
- I’m still exhausted. The baby is sleeping better, but he is still getting up six or seven times a night. That’s…a lot, you guys.
- Things are getting slowly back to normal here, but I am still trying to catch up from the repercussions of two weeks of non-stop crying. (The baby’s crying, not mine. I only cried a few times.)
- If we stay home, Elizabeth gets bored and starts either A) trying to wake up the baby “accidentally” or B) performing tricks, which basically involves her flinging herself around the house and coming dangerously close to landing on the baby. So we’ve been just going places to go places. Like Target.
- Babies R Us appears to be discontinuing the type of hangers I like for the kids’ closets. So I bought all they had left today. However, that was only four packs.
- So, did you know that my Dresden is pregnant? Everyone all together: WHOOOOOO!
For more Friday Night Leftovers, visit Danifred.