- Those Uncrustable peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Yeah. I’ve always found them to be somewhat ridiculous. I mean, who doesn’t have time to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? But I bought some a while ago for a thing we were having with lots of kids over and I’ve been eating the leftovers myself. (Apparently, Elizabeth finds them to be unacceptable.) And they are pretty good and pretty convenient. However, they want me to remember to take them out of the freezer thirty minutes ahead of time to defrost. Hah. So I microwave them for 20 seconds and then pop them in the toaster oven. And they are gently warmed and slightly toasty in about two minutes.
- I have gotten to the end of my scheduled activities and obligations. Everything on the calendar from now until Baby Day is either a doctor’s appointment or me writing DO NOT SCHEDULE ANYTHING YOU IDIOT across that day.
- I think I might even pack a hospital bag today. My doctor was astounded that I hadn’t already. (My response was: eh, I am not going into labor early, and even if I do, the hospital is four minutes from our house. All I really need to have at the hospital anyway is chapstick. I also like my own pillow, but that’s not really a huge problem if I don’t have it.)
- Elizabeth went right to sleep last night, before eight. It was AMAZING. When she got up this morning, I told her that she slept really well and I was proud of her. Her response was “so, what are you going to give me?” Good grief, child.
- Yesterday, Elizabeth picked out a present from the store that she can give to baby brother. (It’s an Eric Carle set of those hanging toys. It jingles. She thinks it is beautiful.)
- Mel was right, obviously. Mel predicted that Elizabeth was the kind of child who would decide that she had a baby in her own tummy. And when Matt and I wouldn’t budge on the baby brother thing, Elizabeth got her own baby sister in her tummy as a way to circumvent the unfairness of parents who are providing the wrong kind of sibling. (Elizabeth likes GIRLS. And PINK. And PRINCESSES. How dare we get a baby that doesn’t wear pink?) I have to remind Elizabeth just about daily that baby sister isn’t coming yet, just baby brother.
- However, Elizabeth has discovered that twins exist and has been working on that instead. Perhaps if we insist on a baby brother, we could AT LEAST get a baby sister at the same time.
- For everyone that I’ve sent looking for black newborn sized onesies, I have now found one. (Hobby Lobby, thanks to a commenter. However it took me three trips to Hobby Lobby before they had one.) However, it might be a little large and has short sleeves, so I’ve not totally given up yet. And I ordered Elizabeth a too-expensive leotard off Amazon. So Halloween costumes are basically finished, minus headband antennas and Elizabeth’s tutu.
- Also, that reminds me. Last Friday, I thought we were all getting sick. Most delightfully, we never did! HOORAY. I think it was our normal change-of-seasons allergy attacks.
For more Friday Night Leftovers, visit Danifred!